Tuesday 4 November 2014

Goodbye - Is The Saddest Word


The past few months have been a real whirlwind of ups and downs. Some have been more than I felt I could cope with, but I've made it this far and each morning I wake to live another day.

On the 26th of September, I said goodbye to my best friend, my confidante, my inspiration......my mother. She passed away peacefully, after a long battle with dementia and other health issues. It was the saddest day of my life so far. Even though it has been expected all year, with late night phone calls from the nursing home telling me they think "this is it", to calls at work where I've had to drop everything and run, it was still a huge shock to all of our systems. I got the call that morning and she passed away a few hours later.
I believe to this day that she waited for me, because she took her final breath as I entered her room.

I miss her so much, every single day! My life feels like there is a void that needs to be filled, but nothing can replace that empty place, at least not in the way that it was filled before. I know over time the pain will lessen, but for now, it's still as raw as if it was yesterday.


Rest in peace, mum. 
A social butterfly, carried to Heaven, on angels wings.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment